Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fighting Games

Discussion in 'General BBS' started by Shug0, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Shug0

Shug0 Delta User

So is anyone here into fighting games? I'm kinda obsessed with them and I've been playing them since I was like 10. And actually I've only recently begun to pay attention to and find interest in their stories and lore. I play Tekken, BlazBlue, Dead or Alive, King of Fighters, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Arcana Heart 3 Love Max, Skullgirls, Smash Bros., Pokken (which is basically Tekken with Pokemon), and the Umineko fighting game Ougon Musou Kyoku Cross. My favorite is Tekken. I've played 1 through 6, Tag Tournament 2, and Advance.
  2. Alkalime

Alkalime Delta User

When I was a kid I loved DOA2 Hardcore. These days I don't have too much patience for the learning curve but I find Soul Calibur pretty mindless fun and I had a thing for Persona 4 Ultimax for a while.
  3. NiuWang

NiuWang Delta User

I've been decent at every fighting game that isn't Street Fighter... idk why or how I'm so bad at Street Fighter but I am.
  4. Shug0

Shug0 Delta User

Oh, DOA is pretty easy to learn thank goodness and P4A takes a bit but not too much. I've tried Soul Calibur before and I want to get it eventually. The hardest game in terms of learning combos and such is King of Fighter. They are really precise when it comes to combo execution so for now I'm stuck using auto combo for every jab, kick, and projectile I slip into it.
    Same here! I cannot get into Street Fighter. I have IV Arcade Edition. The lack of running forward and the hit stop it has bothers me.
  5. Alkalime

Alkalime Delta User

I think I'm naturally attracted to the ones where you don't have to put in a time investment to learn cause I'm a massive casual and I go from game to game really quickly.
  6. Jetstream

Jetstream Theta User

Tekken wasn't my thing, so Soul Calibur and Pokken tournament I don't have skills over. Neither in smash, which I own melee brawl and 4
  7. Shug0

Shug0 Delta User

Same. I have so many and just switch every now and then. I usually just learn as I play. Though recently I've made a friend who's just as into fighting games as I am, and he's a nightmare to fight, so I call him my rival and train to at least be on par with him. I'm talking irl tournament event skills with him.

Pokken does have it's own spin, so if you haven't tried it I recommend it. As for smash, it took me forever to be decent ^^;