Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How will .hack//gu last recode affect this?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by ravenshield, Jun 27, 2017.

1. ravenshield

ravenshield Delta User

I have been following this project for a long time and i cant wait to see it finished but worried if this project will continue i hope it does thanks for doing this game and i know that i will be spending time playing gu with Atoli aka bestgirl
  2. AzureZhen

AzureZhen Administrator R:Craft Staff

There is no plans to end this project currently. You have nothing to worry about.
  3. ravenshield

ravenshield Delta User

okay thanks! i know what class i will be playing when this comes out(or any testing in it
  4. Zaren

Zaren Administrator Staff Member R:1 Veteran

I believe if anything Last Recode will bring in more fan base and provide better art references, I don't think it will affect us in any negative way.

Which class do you plan to play as?
  5. ravenshield

ravenshield Delta User

adept rogue but i am curious to how you will balance the multiclass system that adept rogue has
  6. Tyrial

Tyrial Code Whisperer Staff Member R:1 Veteran

I thought we talked about it on the forums but I guess not (you should join our Discord channel)

Adept Rogues will be the last released class, and balancing the classes period will be complicated and take a lot of trial and error.
    In GU Haseo had higher stats than other AR's, so it will definitely be different than that. The hard part is doing stats when they are actually allowed to pick classes (in GU it followed Haseo)

If they pick a mage class, how will that affect their Physical Strength? For example.
    It's so far ahead that we literally haven't considered any method of balancing the stats for now.

As far as skills go, they will level their jobs slower than normal AND are not allowed access to all of the skills

There will also be events to unlock the other jobs, similar to GU
  7. Zaren

Adept Rogue uses a point system, each class type is assigned certain points and they must be equivalent or less than the points allowed. This way you can have 2 or 3 classes depending on how much points they cost.

For example: if we allow AR (Adept Rogues) to have 5 total points, macabre dancer is one point, twin blade is one point, blade brandier 2 points, flick reaper is 3 points, heavy blade is 2 points.

You can not be TB, BB, and FR because the max points equal 6
    You can be TB, MD, and FR (5 points)
    or TB BB and HB (5 points)

We have not decided what classes will equal what amount of points yet so don't be discouraged by any of the combinations I have posted lol, this system keeps people from being HB FR and LP (lord partizan) 3 tanky classes would be over powered.

Also please keep in mind that Adept Rogue will be the last class we release (because it can use any class, we have to finish all other classes for it to use). AR will also have reduced stats compared to the actual class counterparts. So an Adept Rogue with a Heavy Blade class will be less effective as a Heavy Blade than an actual Heavy blade.

Hope this clears some of the questions up. :)
    Shug0 likes this.
  8. ravenshield

ravenshield Delta User

would there be a class limit other than points for example could you take 4 classes at 1 point each or do you limit it to 3 classes
  9. Tyrial

Tyrial Code Whisperer Staff Member R:1 Veteran

Please refer to this list for point costs : http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Adept_Rogue

It's impossible to have 4 classes. And I wouldn't recommend it, either. I don't know if I would even recommend 3 like Haseo because the stats are lower and you get less skills. Plus you have to level up all your jobs
  10. AzureZhen

haseo03.png
  11. ravenshield

ravenshield Delta User

will you be able to make multiple charecters?
  12. AzureZhen

As far as I'm aware, yes. The actual amount, I'm unsure.
  13. Zaren

We haven't planned out how many characters each person can create, but maybe 11 (one for each class) 11 sounds excessive but it would minimize the amount of alt-accounts people would make so its as safe a bet as any.

This of course would be determined by how many classes we have released at the time too, so if there is only 3 playable classes in alpha you'll only have 3 character slots. Slots would be added as we release new classes, so if we release a 4th class another character slot will open up for everyone.
    Tyrial likes this.
  14. Ender

Ender Delta User

WOW! That a lot of character slots. You should make it up to 6 or 7. I know no one wants to here this but we should donate a dollar for more slot(really pay for more). The game going to need money and the staff too. So guys can keep it going .