Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

[Music] Mac Anu inspired theme

Discussion in 'Apkallu' started by bauti777, Sep 27, 2016.

1. bauti777

bauti777 Delta User

I was kinda imsomniac last night, and wondered about if I could compose something similar to Mac Anu (.hack//GAMES styled) theme, and well, this is the result lol

https://soundcloud.com/bauti777/mac-anu-inspired-thing

It's still in progress tho, so I guess i'll update this post someday

IDK also if this is the correct place to put this stuff, or if I should post it to Media section

Hope you like it :)

P.D.: The soundfont is quite meh, used some random midi-to-mp3 website so it might sound weird
    Zaren, Tyrial and AzureZhen like this.
  2. AzureZhen

AzureZhen Administrator R:Craft Staff

You got the right section and I love the music, did you use a program to create it?
    bauti777 likes this.
  3. DawnOwl

DawnOwl Delta User

For something done on a whim, it sure did a wonderful job of capturing the spirit of the Mac Anu root town and the .hack//G.U atmosphere. I wonder if you can also do something similar for fields (like Prairie fields) and of course, the Cathedral. Either way, amazing job.
    bauti777 likes this.
  4. bauti777

bauti777 Delta User

:D
    Yes, kinda first wrote the idea, and then used Guitar Pro to write a midi sequence which i uploaded to a cheap MidiToMP3 lol
    If I make a better and complete version (the whole idea is longer than this, just cut down the uncomplete parts) I try to make it sound better :p

Thanks so much!
    I'd love to do that, I'm aiming to do Hulle Granz Cathedral next, thought also some choir stuff to do like the original heh. All these stuff isnt my speciality, I'm not really used to compose stuff like these, so I really enjoy this challenge lol

Thanks for listening!
    Tyrial likes this.
  5. Tyrial

Tyrial Code Whisperer Staff Member R:1 Veteran

Media section is more like, news. Apkallu is the place for art (music is art :p)

But wow, I actually really like this haha. The audio quality isnt the greatest, but I like where you went with it
    bauti777 likes this.
  6. Moemoedesu

Moemoedesu Delta User

You absolutely nailed the .hork feeling. Good job. I would download it if I could. ; ;
    bauti777 likes this.
  7. bauti777

bauti777 Delta User

Thanks! :D
    I would let you download but it's uncomplete and i wouldnt feel that good heh
    Once I get this sounding better I'll enable downloading :D
  8. AzureZhen

AzureZhen Administrator R:Craft Staff

Oh I wasn't suppose to download it? lol
    Tyrial likes this.
  9. bauti777

bauti777 Delta User

ur a bad boy :p
  10. Zaren

Zaren Administrator Staff Member R:1 Veteran

Very nice. :p