Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Quick forum question

Discussion in 'Questions' started by ZBrM, Jul 11, 2015.

1. ZBrM

ZBrM Theta User

I didn't know where to put this where it would actually get read, and feel free to delete or move this when it's done.

Is it possible to link to a specific post in a thread? Also, if so, is it possible to do so where no other posts will show up when you follow that link? (as in, only the linked post shows up in the new page).
    If so, how?

Also, deleting messages in the inbox is a little bit complicated. I'd like to ask if it's possible for that to be changed to be slightly more new-user-friendly.
    I like how thorough the whole forum systems are, they're just a little bit superuser-skills-needed than most other forums are, so while it only takes me a few minutes to work around, for other members (and for ease of use) it's a kind of pain.

EDIT: The search function is pretty crappy.
    CyberConnects2 - Error
    The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common

I put in a completely unique identifier when searching for a thread and got that no matter how I typed it.
    Also, you need to be able to search for members, which you cannot do. The member list is too big and it's a pain scrolling through 10 pages to find the person you want to PM because you can't simply search their name.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  2. Haruko Haruhara

Haruko Haruhara Lambda User R:1 Veteran

You can link to a specific post. To the left of 'like' and 'reply', there's a number. Clicking it pops open a dialogue for linking to it.
    [​IMG]
    It doesn't show only that post, but it scrolls down to it.
    ZBrM, Tyrial and Zaren like this.
  3. Tyrial

Tyrial Code Whisperer Staff Member R:1 Veteran

You also may have to flip to landscape mode if you're mobile. Depending on your device's resolution
    ZBrM likes this.
  4. ZBrM

ZBrM Theta User

5. Tyrial

if you want to PM them on here, you can click "start a conversation" and you will be able to type their name, with suggestions popping up as you type
  6. ZBrM

ZBrM Theta User

Suggestions don't pop up until you completely finish the name, and they don't work at all on mobile using Dolphin browser.
  7. Zaren

Zaren Administrator Staff Member R:1 Veteran

@ZBrM they pop up if you pause for a second while typing, and as for dolphin browser, that's pretty much their fault for not supporting standardized code.

Lol there's no way we're going to go in and rewrite that whole section for a browser with a small user base.

I usually go by browser statistics when writting in extra support for browsers so the site will work best (in this order) Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and (unfortunately) IE (usually only the newer versions) and Opera browser should work but I don't have it to test with. Other browsers will work but it depends on how up to date they are with the standard coding/markup languages (html5, CSS3, Ect).

(Basically they need to release an update with more support)
    Tyrial likes this.
  8. ZBrM

ZBrM Theta User

Small user base = most popular android browser
  9. Zaren

Zaren Administrator Staff Member R:1 Veteran

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    Tyrial likes this.
  10. ZBrM

ZBrM Theta User

It runs pretty well overall, and I can manage the browser based game at rpg.mo.ee
    Ill tweak with my settings and addon and I'm sure I'll be able to manage something to work.
    The most important thing was user searching in the bar (I don't always want to just message them)
    Zaren likes this.
  11. Haruko Haruhara

Haruko Haruhara Lambda User R:1 Veteran

Chrome is actually quickly becoming one of the most popular Android browsers, especially among the more mainstream userbase. Only a handful of people I know use Dolphin, and a lot of them including myself switched over.
    ZBrM likes this.
  12. ZBrM

ZBrM Theta User

I've de-Googled my entire phone. Chrome isn't really an option.
  13. ZBrM

ZBrM Theta User

As a quick note, I love that fact signatures don't show up when vertical.
    I have my url bar shown at all times, so the page is overall a bit small when horizontal, with the logo and dropdown, but I like how it switches between orientations.
    Tyrial likes this.
  14. Tyrial

Your entire android phone? Lol. Google maps is the shi--cats pajamas, yo
  15. ZBrM

ZBrM Theta User

I (had) an open source maps program that was on par with google.
    Literally the only time google shows up is when I type it in on dolphin to search something (or voice assistant it)
    If I need apps from Play I download them on a pc or from the devs site and install them manually.

Id like to find a custom rom that just comes with the bare basics in which I can add on to.